Don’t Go It Alone – Go With InjuredGo.com Personal Injury Law Firm After A Big Truck Accident
Big trucks are bigger and heavier than anything else on the road. When truck accidents happen, they do serious damage to whatever – and whomever – they strike. Truck accident personal injuries are often more severe than those suffered in car-on-car wrecks.
At injuredGo.com Personal Injury Law Firm , we are truck accident personal injury lawyers. We seek top compensation for Louisiana motorists who suffer a truck accident personal injury. We have a reputation for successful truck accident litigation.
From broken bones to cuts, brain injuries, paralysis and even death, our truck accident personal injury lawyer, Ed Kramer, knows the pain that truck accidents can inflict because he’s seen it over the course of his entire career. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, we want to help.
An accident involving a truck is more likely to result in a death or personal injury than an accident between two cars. It’s far more dangerous to those in the car than in the truck, obviously, because of the size differences.
Speed is the most common cause of truck accidents in the country. Truck drivers themselves are a major contributing factor in more than half of all truck accidents – 55 percent. This means that if you or a loved one has suffered a truck accident personal injury, you may be in a position to seek compensation for the truck driver’s negligence and the harm it causes.
There are some signs that truck safety is improving in Louisiana and beyond. Though more trucks are on U.S. roads now than 10 years ago, today there are fewer truck-related fatalities and semi truck accident injuries.
Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of all truck crash injuries and deaths are suffered by people in the vehicle hit by the truck, according to the National Institute of Traffic and Highway Safety.
Call InjuredGo.com Law Firm, LLC for More Information or to Discuss Your Personal Injury Case
If you are ready to pursue justice for yourself, InjuredGo.com, is ready to help. Baton Rouge personal injury attorney Ed Kramer handles all types of personal injury claims, including 18-wheeler accidents. InjuredGo.com Personal Injury Law Firm has several locations for your convenience, all requiring an advance appointment. If you would like to discuss your personal injury case, call or email today for a free consultation at (225) 933-1500.
Following a semi truck accident, we can help you maximize your compensation for serious injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries can range from mild whiplash to crushed vertebrae, causing damage to this vital nervous system network. Partial or complete paralysis can result from injuries to the spinal cord. Because this damage cannot be repaired, the paralysis caused by these serious accidents is generally permanent and may become progressively worse over time. Many patients with spinal cord trauma require specialized nursing care for the rest of their lives.
- For accident victims lucky enough to escape direct spinal cord injury, the forces typically present in a collision with a tractor-trailer can cause lasting back pain and may result in misaligned vertebrae,trauma to the lower back and fractured bones throughout the spinal column.
- Pelvic bone injuries are also common due to the intense pressure on this area caused by seat belts, air bags and other restraint devices.
- The weight and forward momentum of 18-wheeler trucks during an accident can increase the likelihood that patients will require emergency amputation services upon arrival at the hospital. In some cases, accident victims may suffer loss of limbs or crushed bones at the scene of the accident due to severe impact trauma. Immediate medical care is required in these situations to prevent death due to blood loss.
- Damage to the lungs and heart can result from broken ribs and the crushing weight of 18-wheeler trucks that can come to rest atop passenger vehicles. Surgery is usually required to repair the damage to the heart muscle and to restore proper function to injured lungs. However, the scar tissue that develops as these organs heal can result in permanent reductions in the lung capacity and heart function of accident victims.
- Head injuries caused by semi truck accidents are usually quite severe and may involve fractures of the skull, swelling of the tissues and connective membranes surrounding the brain or direct injury to brain tissue due to severe impact at the time of the collision. Individuals affected by these injuries often experience memory loss, a decline in cognitive function and, in some cases, loss of speech and language skills. Damage to the optic nerves or brain can also cause blindness.
- Injuries to the abdomen may require emergency sectioning of the small or large colon or reconstruction of the stomach to allow the digestive system to function. Many patients who undergo these procedures experience lifelong difficulties that may reduce their ability to absorb nutrients and can restrict their food choices significantly.
- The damage caused to internal organs in a crash involving a semi truck can be catastrophic and may require multiple surgeries to repair. Some patients may require transplants or medical treatment to replace the function of the liver or kidneys after an 18-wheeler accident.
- Internal bleeding is also common due to the severe trauma caused by the impact.
- Flying glass and metal parts can cause catastrophic damage to soft tissues and may require multiple plastic surgery procedures to return the accident victim to an acceptable state. In some cases, patients may be permanently scarred and may suffer social disadvantages due to their disfiguring injuries.
- Broken bones and damaged muscle tissue may require months of rehabilitation and treatment. Accident victims typically cannot work during this time and may incur significant medical bills, creating serious financial difficulties that can impact the rest of their lives.
If you are ready to pursue justice for yourself, InjuredGo.com, is ready to help. Baton Rouge attorney Ed Kramer handles all types of personal injury claims, including car wrecks, truck accidents, maritime accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical device injuries, personal injury, or the wrongful death of a loved one.. InjuredGo.com Law Firm, LLC has several locations for your convenience, all requiring an advance appointment. If you would like to discuss your case, call or email today for a free consultation at (225) 933-1500
4 Locations to Serve YOU!